Trying to find a cat-friendly hotel, lodge or accommodation in California is extremely difficult and frustrating. California is one of the finest travel destinations that receive more than 260 million visitors per year and yet its so difficult to find a place that allows cats.
Many tourists share their joy of this wonderful city but not so with cat-parents, and its just because of one main reason ‘Accommodation’. It seems as if pet-friendly hotels only cater for dogs and not cats as if cats are not regarded as pets. You can read my previous post of why hotels dont allow cats but allow
After much effort and research I finally found genuine accommodations that are actually cat-friendly that caters for cats and their needs as guest. Cat parents however need to be responsible and control their pets. To make it simpler you can learn how to cat proof an hotel room using the tips I shared on my previous post.
NOTE: ALL OF THE HOTELS AND ACCOMMODATIONS LISTED BELOW HAVE MADE ARRANGEMENTS FOR YOUR SAFETY DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC.
1. PARADISE POINT RESORT AND SPA.
Situated in the heart of San Diego 1404 Vacation Road, Mission bay. This elegant 4-Star resort and spa caters for their guests and furry companions beside tranquil lagoons and about a mile away from the beach. This gem of San Diego is positioned near many tourists attractions such as Seaworld, zoo and Balboa park.
The facility has several amenities that is beneficial for pet owners, specifically cats. They allow cats without any weight or height limit. All their rooms come fully pet-proofed and ready.
- Pet friendly waterfront restaurant, allowing cats and dogs.
- Grass areas designated for pets.
- Fee of $250, with $100 refundable if no damages. This $150 fee covers the cleaning required per pet, per room.
- The resort will provide water bowls and treats upon arrival to make your cat feel more welcomed and at home.
- Waste bags provided to remove old litter and faeces.
- 44 acres of space to allow cats the freedom to feel at ease.
|Golf Course, tennis & basketball court.||Bonfires.|
|Water sports and sailboats.||Pools.|
2. CASA DEL MAR INN
The Casa Del Mar Inn is conveniently located in 18 Bath st, Santa Barbara near several beaches and shopping malls. This bed and breakfast style accommodation not only caters for the well being of their guests but also make sure that their pet guests are taken care of as well.
- Casa Del Mar Inn welcomes pets at a reasonable fee of $15 Per Pet, Per night. Both cats and dogs are allowed.
- Treats offered to pets upon arrival.
- Limited to two pets.
- Service animals are exempt from any fees.
- Pets must never be left alone unattended to.
- Pets are not allowed in breakfast room.
|Grooming and Spa for pets within the area.||Spa treatments.|
|Wine and cheese tasting/ Breakfast||Bonfires.|
|Modern and Spacious rooms.||Situated 1/2 block from the ocean.|
3. PEAKS RESORT & BEACH CLUB
Situated 931 park ave, south lake Tahoe with a full view of the Sierra mountain. This beach club offers non-smoking pet-friendly accommodation. Its conveniently located nearby beach, restaurants and nightlife.
- They allow two pets of any size or weight.
- Both cats and dogs are allowed.
- Pets may not be left in room unattended.
- Your cat will receive treats when checking in
- Resort have pet stations and relief areas on site.
|Wifi, free fast internet||Fitness Center|
|Heated Pool||Spa treatments/ Gym|
4. CARMEL VALLEY RANCH.
Situated on 1 Old Ranch Road, Carmel welcomes dogs and cats of any size, shape and height for a fee of $150 per pet.
The ranch is rich and diverse with activities such as golf, tennis, hiking and yoga. The place is also well thought out and suited for pets.
- Cats and dogs can be left in the room unattended if they are well behaved.
- Cat bowls and treats are available on request.
- Cat beds and cages on site.
- Pet menus available in the restaurant that’s on site as well as room service.
|Free Wifi||Gym and Spa|
|Free Parking / Cars and Rv||Picnic tables|
|Baby sitting||Pet food menu|
5. LA QUINTA INN BY WYNDHAM.
Located at 641 caminos del rio, san diego. This affordable and simplistic hotel chain is pet-friendly and is conveniently situated near several malls and tourist attractions.
The San Diego weather is always fitting for outdoor adventures and you can tag your pets along. Some of the pet-friendly benefits include:
- Cats and dogs allowed.
- No extra fees for pets.
- Only one pet under 50 pounds allowed.
- Pet relief stations on site.
- Waste bags provided for easy cleaning of litter and other waste.
|Pet friendly, including cats||Situated next to malls, golf course, zoo, parks & stadium.|
|Free breakfast||Fast Free wifi|
6. Vespera On Ocean.
Vespera is situated on 147 Stimson Ave, Pismo Beach. Conveniently situated near a variety tourist attractions like the beach, pier, hiking trails, casino, outlets, golf course and airport.
This stunning establishment boasts with features perfect for their guests and four-legged counterparts.
Note: Cats are allowed upon approval. So before you book your stay call them to confirm.
- Allows cats and dogs.
- Pets must be below 50 pounds.
- Allows 2 Cats or dogs per Room.
- $150 per pet, per stay. Food and water Bowls included.
- Service animals are exempt from fees/restriction.
|Free wifi||Free Shuttle|
|Valet parking $35||Heated Pools|
|Restuarant & Gym||Cat friendly|
7. Montery Tides Resort.
Situated on 2600 Sand Dunes Dr, Monterey. Offering 9,000 sq feet of Ocean view and wildlife site seeing. Enjoy this beautiful scenic pet friendly resort accompanied by your four legged furry friend
- Montery Tides allow pets under 50 pounds cats and dogs included.
- A signed pet agreement is required upon arrival.
- $50 fee per pet or $75 for 2 pets per stay.
- Additional Charges may apply for deep cleaning.
- Well behaved pets may be left alone in a hotel room unattended to, for an hour. Learn how to Cat proof an hotel room.
|Fitness Centre||Handicap accessible|
|Pool & Housekeeping||Restuarant & Bar|
8. Kimpton shorebreak On Huntington Beach.
Situated at 500 Pacific Coast Hwy along the Orange County coastline, Kimpton Shorebreak Resort is the ultimate Southern California beach experience and only steps away from the local shopping center, dining and entertainment areas in the heart of Huntington Beach.
This pet-friendly resort welcomes cats and dogs. They also provide
- No weight limit on cats and dogs.
- Pets stay for free, no additional cost.
- Cats are welcomed with treats at check-in.
- Water and food bowls are given.
- Pets are allowed in certain rooms unattended to.
- Residential area specifically for pets for afternoon walks.
|Wifi||Bar / Restaurant|
|Gym and Fitness center||Valet parking|
|Yoga Classes / Social hour||Activities / bike rentals|
9. Casa Munras, Monterey.
Situated 700 Munras Ave, Monterey, CA 93940. The Casa Munras Hotel & Spa is a pet friendly Monterey hotel, welcoming the entire family including your four legged furry companions.
Both cats and dogs are allowed with lots of accessories and recommendations for pet activities within the area.
- 2 pets are allowed.
- $50 cleaning fee is required plus tax per stay.
- Free water and food bowls to use.
- Beds or crates provided for use.
- Scratching poles are included specifically for cats.
- Includes leash, leads and clean up bags.
|Fitness center||Tennis/ bicycles|
|Bar / Restaurant||Toiletries|
10. Residence Inn by Marriott San Diego.
Enjoy your experience with your four legged furry friends and share the blissful moments at the Residence Inn Downtown San Diego. This gem boasts its modern style with an elegant touch.
Residence Inn by Marriott San Diego welcomes pets. Both dogs and cats are permitted in all rooms. They have implemented ways to help your pets adjust accordingly.
- $150 additional fee for two pets, per stay.
- Pet restriction of 50 pounds max per room.
- Pets maybe left unattended to in the room provided the pet is in a crate.
- Grassy areas for afternoon walks and for pets to relieve itself.
- Service animals welcomed.
|Cat-friendly||Tourists attractions (hiking,bowling,horse riding)|